Saturday, July 24, 2010

VERSATLIE BLOGGER AWARD!


The Girl Who Loves Horror has given your humble narrator the Versatile Blogger Award! Alex extends a big thank you and asks his friends to visit her fine blog where she writes on all things horror: well, at least the imaginary kind.

To accept the award there are a few prerequisites: first, I must aver 7 true statements about myself. Second, I must thank the kind blogger who nominated me (see first paragraph!). The third requirement is to nominate 15 other blogs and contact them...which is no easy task: there are so many fine writers with interesting and intelligent perspectives that I'm bound to leave many out.

About Alex:

  1. I am a certified Victim Advocate and investigator employed by the Local District Attorney and a trained Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Counselor.
  2. I never watch “true crime” shows on TV.
  3. I have a little black and white kitty named Stella Kowalski.
  4. My fantasy is to attend film school and focus upon editing…while still paying my mortgage.
  5. I’m an non-theist.
  6. I have a complete collection of original "New Trend" EC Comics: Vault of Horror, Tales from the Crypt, Crime Suspenstories, Weird Science, et al.
  7. The first film I remember seeing is Bruce Lee’s ENTER THE DRAGON at the Drive-In when I was 6 years old: I’ve been hooked ever since.

I pass along th Versatile Blogger Award to (in no particular order):

  1. Watching Hammer
  2. Hammer and Beyond
  3. The Peter Cushing Collection
  4. She Blogged by Night
  5. Pencil and Ink
  6. The Ludovico Technique
  7. Mondo 70: A Wild World of Cinema
  8. Cinemascope
  9. Where Danger Lives
  10. Cin*Eater
  11. Gone Cinema Poaching
  12. The Most Beautiful Fraud in the World
  13. B Movies and Beyond
  14. Little Miss Zombie
  15. Vamplit's Library

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alex. Great blog. And thanks for thinking of me! Appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No true crime love? You won't like my latest blog! Appy-polly-loggies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's only because I live it every day: I've been involved in the prosecution of hundreds of violent crimes and a handful of homicides...and need a break sometimes. It's the structure of "soap opera" television that I don't like, mystery/noir/suspense/ films are some of my favorites!

    Good luck on or new blog! if you ever have a general question (no legal advice please) about the reality of the legal process, though it differs greatly from county to state to federal etc...just post it here on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete